I have heard some great music at historic venues. Some of these places are gone and exist in memories: Detroit’s Grand Riviera, Toronto’s Montréal Bistro, and Larry’s Hideaway. Then in March 2016, the Brunswick House in the Annex area of Toronto closed and was reopened as a Rexall pharmacy.
Like The Beatles sang: There are places I remember, all my life, though some have changed. Some forever, not for better, some have gone, and some remain.
Here is the list of my Top Ten Concerts.
- The Band at the Grand Riviera
- The Grateful Dead at Kingswood Music Theatre
- Jefferson Starship at Pine Knob
- The Rolling Stones at Rich Stadium
- Yusef Lateef at Baker’s Keyboard Lounge
- Ingrid Jensen at Harborfront Centre’s Lakeside Terrace
- Marian McPartland at Montréal Bistro
- Sylvain Sylvain at Larry’s Hideaway
- Tony Bennett at Roy Thomson Hall
- Eric Andersen at the Brunswick House
What are some of your favorite concerts and their venues?
This article originally appeared on LinkedIn.